Like most things in the new millennium, we have to do more, be more creative, be more engaged, and apply more innovative ways to succeed than what advice may have been given to us in the past. On top of all of this, we have to stay grounded in our lives in a way that was not required of us before.
For the nonconforming professional, proper business advice has to avoid the “keeping up with the Joneses” lifestyle. Proper business advice has to apply not only to your business success, but also to success in your relationships, your health, and your happiness.
The Top 10 Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs - the Modern and the Nonconforming way:
1. Location, location, location is bunk: Think digital, global and world wide web.
2. If you try to appeal to everyone, you will appeal to nobody. Make sure your message or product has its own unique valuable pre-selling proposition.
3. Get rid of the Golden Handcuffs: Move away from linear income.
4. Invert the usual priorities: Spirit first, then body, then mind, and then business.
5. Plug up the leaking cash flow and slow down your hamster wheel! Stay away from recurring expenses when you can.
6. Design it and Don’t overcook it!
7. Great business coaches are worth their weight in gold!
8. Social media: Don’t think for a second that you are going to succeed without engaging in it. Learn at least one venue and do it well.
9. Think about the Why of your goals
Written by Val Hemminger, the nonconforming professional
Return from 10 Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs